Heart of Shibari: Japanese Rope Bondage
An Intimate Class with Midori for Hands-on Learning
Class size limited to 4 pairs
Doors open 2:30pm for check in. Instruction from 3pm - 6pm (Instruction starts promptly. Please don't be late)
This is not your usual rope bondage class. Midori will take one single katachi (a form or shape), a seemingly simple tie, and break it down into the minute subtleties of techniques which create depth, eroticism, arousal, connection, power and grace. It’s a focused lesson on whole-person movements with a disciplined structure.
Delve in to the pleasures of intimate erotic Japanese rope bondage which has gripped the imaginations of so many sensual connoisseurs. Bring the pleasures from Japan into your bedroom with this style of eros skills. Through the study of this one form, you’ll learn elegant, effective and sensual rope skills that apply to all other forms of rope play. Understand how to tie with smooth confidence and thrill your partner.
Midori will work closely with each pair and guide you towards a range of full skills development that include emotional depth, economy of motion, experience intuitive choreography as well as hand-skills.
- Comfortable clothing that's easy to move in.
- We suggest a minimum of three 25 feet-length rope per person. More ropes welcome.
- If you don't have rope, there will be some available to borrow.
- Safety scissors. If you don't have a pair, there will be scissors to purchase
** Pair registration required. You don’t have to be a couple - you just have to attend with someone.
This Rope Dojo® Elective is open to those who play at one or both ends of the rope.
You do not have to be a Rope Dojo graduate to attend. If you’ve not attended, this class will provide excellent foundation for the two-day intensive. More info: www.RopeDojo.com
Midori has been pivotal in the rise of awareness and popularity of Shibari in the US and the West. She wrote the first English language instruction book on the topic, ‘The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage’, and then founded the Rope Dojo in 2002
Rope Shopping Suggestion:
- For exceptional hemp ropes, go to the good folks of Twisted Monk. Follow this special link & get $10 off orders of $75 or more. I love cotton rope as well. This is great stuff, especially if you're just starting out. Feels great, easy to tie with, great for sex play and very reasonably priced. Midori's Favorite Cotton Rope