Full Weekend Intensive Rope Dojo® with rope play experts, Midori, Delano, and the Dojo Cadre team.
Because of the intensive nature of the material & instruction, this course is limited to only 30 participants.
A Rope Bondage Weekend: A dojo styled intensive from the foundational to the subtle advanced nuances with Midori and Senior Cadre Member Delano.
Want to learn about rope bondage?
Frustrated with short workshops & demos?
Do you want personalized attention to improve every aspect of your rope techniques?
Are you ready for the disciplined approached to take you to the next level?
Have you wanted to know what Midori teaches her personal apprentices?
Are you a total rope beginner with the motivation to move past your hesitation & blow your lover's mind with hot scenes?
Or have you already lassoed the basics and ready for a real challenge?
In this concentrated weekend, you will delve into the heart & soul of the rope experience, covering both top and bottom perspectives.
From basics and solid foundations to speed & efficiency, from brilliant scene planning to the nuances of fine topping and bottoming skills - they'll put you through the paces and improve your skills.
- Midori Founder & Lead Instructor (San Francisco - originally from Tokyo)
- Delano Senior Instructor (New York)
- Michele Instructor (New York)
- Mateo Instructor (Las Vegas)
- Lolita Wolf Instructor (New York)
- Viviane Chief Logistics Manager (New York)
- And a Special Guest Instructor...
Your Full Weekend Package Includes:
- 17+ hours of concentrated unique instruction from Midori & Delano + trained cadre with lots of hands-on practice.
- Continental breakfast both days
- Catered lunch both days*
- Limited edition commemorative graduation gift
- Free admission to the Saturday night social & practice party
- Take-home gifts
(* For vegetarians: For those specifying vegetarian meals, we provide ovo-lacto based veggie meals. If your dietary needs are more specific, we encourage you to bring your own meals. There will be a kitchen with a fridge to store your items.)
- - -
Saturday 'Day 1: Fundamentals of Technique & Scene Dynamics'
- Safety, rope selection, basic knots, rope care
- Basic Two-Column Tie, Body Harness, Sex Bondage, Basics of Shibari. Freestyle Bondage
- Psychology & Emotional Dynamics of Rope, Dominance & Scene Control
- History of Japanese Rope Bondage
- Speed Drills, Confidence Drills & Efficiency Exercises
- Exceptional bottoming skills
- Free entry to Saturday evening kinky social and play party
Sunday 'Day 2: Mastering Rope'
- Even more Speed Drills, Confidence Drills & Efficiency Exercises
- Effective Problem Solving Skills
- Ergonomics of whole body bondage play
- Getting into the mind. Planning and co-creating amazing scenes
- Creativity Exercise
- Visions & Perversions: Learn to think and create with mastery, art & power.
- - -
Sat. 10am to 7pm (doors open 9:30am)
Sun. 10am to 7pm (doors open 9:30am)
How to Prepare for Dojo:
- Read the FAQ on www.RopeDojo.com/FAQ
- Be well rested.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Bring large towels, blanket or yoga mats for floor work.
- Encouraged to bring floor cushion or comfy folding chair to sit in.
- Bring lots of rope & a pair of safety shears. Suggestions on rope you might want to bring: http://www.RopeDojo.com
- - -
Get Your Ropes!
Special Dojo Rope Kits of hemp ropes and scissors are available from Twisted Monk! http://www.twistedmonk.com/collections/rope-kits/midori. Registered students will receive a special discount code to use on all Twisted Monk products, including Rope Care Kits, Specialty Steel items, custom end whipping and more!
If you prefer cotton ropes, try these! Easy to use, easy to tie, hold a knot and soft on the skin. http://fhp-inc.stockroom.com/product1.aspx?product_id=3081
Venue: The space is currently not fully wheelchair accessible. The bathroom is up one flight of stairs. They are working on a series of phased improvements to become fully accessible.
Hotel: Hotel recommendations Here. We do not have a designated event hotel.